Our Training Program
Our program offers the trainees a platform where they can enhance their capacities and learn new skills. Our trainees have five qualities:
- are between 18 and 35 years old
- have no income or very low income
- are in a difficult social status, such as divorced, widowed, a single mother or orphaned
- are motivated to learn and work
- are ready to take advantage of the tools available at Amal to improve their skills.
When trainees are selected they start a six-month training program to learn all aspects of the restaurant industry in order to secure a job. They will go through different kitchen stations to learn essentials such as salads, sauces, desserts, cooking, baking, cleaning and serving. In addition, they will attend classes to learn hygiene, security, service, French, English and other soft skills.
The trainees will go to an internship after six months of training. At completion, Amal finds the graduates jobs in restaurants, hotels, riads or private homes that will allow them to be financially independent.
Amal takes care of living expenses during the whole period of the training, provided that the trainee respects the regulations and discipline of Amal.